ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE (AiR) Programme: Berlin - Hong Kong, 3 months
- German film professionals travel to Hong Kong -
- No Application this time. Please check back in 2024 -
Previous deadline was 21st January 2020.
The BERLIN AiR "Berlin-Hong Kong - three months” enables a German film professional to live in Hong Kong for three months to develop a new project and skills and learn about the film industry in Hong Kong.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to gain insight into the Hong Kong production landscape and meet producers and professionals, in accordance with their profile.
The programme covers:
- travel costs
- allowance (€ 1,000 per month)
- German film professionals (primarily directors and scriptwriters) with a proven professional background in film and television
- Permanent residents of Germany
- Applicants must have completed or worked on at least one film of a minimum of 30 min. in any genre or format
- The completed film must have been supported by a film fund, a professionally recognized body or organisation, or have been commissioned by a broadcaster
- OR -
- The film must have won local and international recognition, acclaim and prizes
Please note: all applications must be submitted in English. Please submit:
- our application form (available during the next call in 2024);
- a statement explaining why you want to be an artist-in-residence in Hong Kong;
- a CV;
- a written description and concept of the project (treatment/synopsis or written presentation) maximum 5 pages;
- an example of previous work (Vimeo Link or similar)
The previous deadline for applications was 21st January 2020.