BERLIN ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE (AiR) Programme 2024: Berlin - Guanajuato, 2 Months
- German film professionals travel to Mexico - from mid-July to mid- September
- Application open. -
- Deadline: 5th February 2024 by Berlin midnight -
Previous deadline was 25th January 2023.
The BERLIN AiR “Berlin-Guanajuato - two months” enables a German film professional to live in Guanajuato for two months to develop a new project and skills and learn about the film industry in Mexico. The stay must be completed within 2024.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to gain insight into the Mexican production landscape and meet producers and professionals, in accordance with their profile.
The programme covers:
- housing (from mid-July to mid- September)
- allowance (€ 2,000 for the entire stay - incl. Economy Airline Ticket)
- German film professionals (primarily directors and scriptwriters) with a proven professional background in film and television
- Permanent residents of Germany
- Applicants must have completed or worked on at least one film of a minimum of 30 min. in any genre or format
- The completed film must have been supported by a film fund, a professionally recognized body or organisation, or have been commissioned by a broadcaster
- OR -
- The film must have won local and international recognition, acclaim and prizes
Please note: all applications must be submitted in English. Please submit:
- our application form (accessible below as long as call is open);
- a statement explaining why you want to be an artist-in-residence in Guanajuato;
- a CV-filmography;
- a written description and concept of the project (treatment/synopsis or written presentation) maximum 5 pages;
- an example of previous work (Vimeo Link or similar)
Please download our application form:
click to download file guanajuato_application.docx (Microsoft Word strongly recommended)
No application will be accepted without a completed form. All information and material must be provided in English.