ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE (AiR) Programme 2024: Berlin - Mumbai, 3 months
- German film professionals travel to Mumbai -
- Application closed. Next application will be announced later in 2024 -
Previous deadline was 5th February 2024.
The BERLIN AiR "Berlin-Mumbai - three months” enables a German film professional to live in Mumbai for maximum three months to develop a new project and skills and learn about the film industry in Mumbai. Due to the weather the fellowship takes place towards the end of the year.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to gain insight into the Mumbai production landscape and meet producers and professionals, in accordance with their profile.
The programme covers:
- Economy Airline Ticket
- housing for max three months
- monthly allowance equivalent to € 1200.- per month
- German film professionals (primarily directors and scriptwriters) with a proven professional background in film and television
- Permanent residents of Germany
- Applicants must have completed or worked on at least one film of a minimum of 30 min. in any genre or format
- The completed film must have been supported by a film fund, a professionally recognized body or organisation, or have been commissioned by a broadcaster
- OR -
- The film must have won local and international recognition, acclaim and prizes
Please note: all applications must be submitted in English. Please submit:
- our application form (accessible below while call is open);
- a statement explaining why you want to be an artist-in-residence in Mumbai;
- a CV-filmography;
- a written description and concept of the project (treatment/synopsis or written presentation) maximum 5 pages;
- an example of previous work (Vimeo Link or similar)