- Artist-in-Residence (AiR) Programme 2021: Berlin - Rome, 3 months - German film professionals spend three months in the Italian capital -
- Application closed. Previous deadline 9th March 2021. Next deadline to be announced in 2022.
This residency enables a German film professional to live in Rome for three months to develop a new project and skills and learn about the film industry in Italy.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to gain insight into the Italian production landscape and meet producers and professionals, in accordance with their profile.
The programme covers:
- a grant of approximately € 1,200 per month
- travel costs
- German film professionals (primarily directors and scriptwriters) with a proven professional background in film and television
Permanent residents of Germany
- Applicants must have completed or worked on at least one film of a minimum of 30 min. in any genre or format
- The completed film must have been supported by a film fund, a professionally recognized body or organisation, or have been commissioned by a broadcaster
- The film must have won local and international recognition, acclaim and prizes
- OR -
Please note: all applications must be submitted in English. Please submit:
- our application form;
- a statement explaining why you want to be an artist-in-residence in Rome;
- a CV;
- a written description and concept of the project (treatment/synopsis or written presentation) maximum 5 pages;
- an example of previous work (Vimeo Link or similar)