Berlin - Paris, 3 months
BERLIN ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCY (BERLIN AiR) 2023: Berlin - Paris, 3 months
- German film professionals travel to France -
- Application closed. Previous deadline was 25h January 2023. -
The BERLIN AiR “Berlin-Paris - three months” enables a German film professional to live in Paris for three months to develop a new project and skills and learn about the film industry in France.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to gain insight into the French production landscape and meet producers and professionals, in accordance with their profile.
The programme covers:
- UPDATE: a grant of approximately € 1,300 per month
- UPDATE: accommodation in the Cité des Arts € 550 per month - paid by the participant (September-November 2023)
- German film professionals (primarily directors and scriptwriters) with a proven professional background in film and television
- Permanent residents of Germany
- Applicants must have completed or worked on at least one film of a minimum of 30 min. in any genre or format
- The completed film must have been supported by a film fund, a professionally recognized body or organisation, or have been commissioned by a broadcaster
- OR -
- The film must have won local and international recognition, acclaim and prizes
Please note: all applications must be submitted in English. Please submit:
- our application form (accessible below as long as call is open);
- a statement explaining why you want to be an Artist-in-Residence in Paris;
- a CV;
- a written description and concept of the project (treatment/synopsis or written presentation) maximum 5 pages;
- an example of previous work (Vimeo Link or similar)
Applications should be addressed electronically to:
The BERLIN AiR “Berlin-Paris - 3 months” is an initiative of the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg and the Ville de Paris - Direction des Affaires culturelles and the Institut Français Germany.
Deadline & Announcement
Application closed. Next application will be annouced later in 2023.
Previous deadline for applications was 25th January 2023.